We are very pleased that you are considering visiting us here at Reformation Bible Church!
Here's what to expect at one of our typical morning worship services:
- Our service typically lasts from anywhere to an hour and thirty minutes to 2 hours. (10:00 to Noon). Most everyone comes a few minutes early to secure their preferred seating, and to prepare their hearts for worship as the hymns are being played.
- One of the laymen will welcome everyone to our gathering of worship and make any necessary announcements. He will then call the congregation to worship, usually with the reading of a verse from the Bible followed by prayer.
- At this time in our worship we will be exhorted by the public reading of the Scriptures, corporate prayers, and congregational singing of hymns.
- After the reading of the Scriptures, prayers, and singing of hymns, the pastor/preacher enters the pulpit and brings to the congregation a message from God's Word. We regard this time of preaching not only to be a continuation of worship (listening to Christ speak to us through His Word and by His Spirit), but also to be primary and indispensable to the worship service.
- We believe the Lord's Supper is a means of grace given to God's people therefore we partake of the Lord's Supper every Lord's Day evening. (See our beliefs for more information on the Lord's Supper.)
- We believe Sunday is the Lord's Day and so we gather once again for evening worship at 5:00 P.M.
- On the first Lord's Day evening of each month we gather for corporate prayer and on the last Lord's Day evening of the month we have a fellowship meal.
- As far as 'what to wear', you will find that people at RBC dress anywhere from casual to formal, but with a concern to be modest and non-distracting to other worshipers.
- We do provide child-care for children up to the age of 6, and we encourage parents to take advantage of this service. There is also an area in the back of the sanctuary that is reserved for families with small children who choose to have their young ones in the worship service with them.
We invite you to come and worship our Triune God with us. We trust that you will find our services God-centered and soul-enriching.